Technology Resource Augmentation from 3SG Plus
Sometimes your project is actually people. 3SG Plus brings you the best.
"Large IT efforts often cost much more than planned; some can put the whole organization in jeopardy. The companies that defy these odds are the ones that master key dimensions that align IT and business value."
Your team, with superpowers
Bringing in elite talent from 3SG Plus to support and grow your existing teams is an easy way to solve problems and grow revenues long-term. When your core business needs greater capacity or enhanced skills, 3SG Plus delivers.
- Specialized talent to execute on major initiatives
- Permanent staff to fill nagging roles you haven't been able to source internally
- Candidates who can add value to your teams from day one
Most Popular Post: #TechResourceAugmentationSeptember 28:
Did you know that Technology Resource Augmentation is a solid solution to reach lagging year-end goals? Q4 begins next week, and if you have 2023 initiatives that are at risk of falling behind, the application of highly skilled and prequalified specialists to your core teams can ensure projects stay on track while drawing on hiring budgets that may be at a surplus for Q4.
Let 3SG Plus rapidly source and supply additional BA's, Project Managers, Developers, Application and Database Specialists and other roles that can be a challenge for internal HR departments to quickly hire.
Find out more here! (Literally here, the link goes to this page 😀 )
No Third Party Recruiters
3SG Plus sources your candidates directly from our own pool of potential hires. We don't bring in third party recruiters or outsource this process.
- Best people at less overall cost - work without middleman expenses
- Candidates are directly vetted, no-surprise hires
- Not qualified to work for you unless they are already qualified to work for us
Rigorous Interview Process
We work hand in hand with all our candidates to ensure they can perform at the highest level and that their credentials and certifications have value in day-to-day operations. Our staffing resource team, our management team and our CIO interview every candidate and certify their approval before they are placed in a role.
Seeking Qualified People
We actively search LinkedIn, Indeed.com, Hired Guns and other sites looking for the ideal candidates on your behalf, sourcing the top talent to suit your specifications at a great rate because we only work directly with candidates. We know the industry and we know the key behavioral, technical and personality traits that separate great candidates from merely adequate ones. We monitor job boards continuously and identify key performers while they're still in active roles.
Sometimes, top talent already has a full-time role, but they can collaborate on projects in their off-peak hours. You benefit from their elite skills at a lower rate, and they add more billable hours in their flex time. If you're interested in working with 3SG Plus as a side gig as part of our Projects on Demand knowledge resource teams, contact us below.
Your hiring requests may take the form of an RFP, but 3SG Plus also builds long term relationships based on trust and repeated successful hiring placements. The placement of your highly valued new team member is always more than just a transaction for us.
As a certified minority-owned business, 3SG Plus values and celebrates diversity while remaining focused on the highest degree of candidate value. Our candidate policies align with Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) hiring requirements.
Great People and Great Rates
By doing all our hiring directly without a third-party service that also needs to be paid, 3SG Plus keeps rates lower than other providers who outsource through recruiters.
State Approved Vendor
3SG Plus is an active member of the Ohio, Pennsylvania and Michigan state-approved staff augmentation vendor portals, and is expanding into the states surrounding those in 2024. We actively participate in the RFP/RFQ/RFI bids and respect your RFP process.
Did You Know:
Business costs associated with recruiting are generally tax-deductible in the United States.
In addition to all the other enormous benefits and advantages of using 3SG Plus for Technology Resource Augmentation, you can also likely deduct any agency fees as well as travel expenses or other costs tied to your candidate interviews. If you're already hiring at scale and/or relying on staffing augmentation, you're likely aware, but it's worth mentioning because it isn't always obvious.
The things to keep in mind, which we detail further in the tabbed block below:
- Your costs must qualify as "Ordinary and Necessary" under the IRS definition.
- Only certain types of expenses are eligible.
- The timing of the deduction depends on how your business expenses operate.
- You must retain documentation of your expenses to Audit standards.
- Limitations or special rules may apply to your situation.
- Importantly, we're not tax lawyers. Always follow the guidance of your accountant rather than something you read on the internet.
Deduct Recruiting Costs from Business Taxes (USA)
For a business expense to be deductible in the U.S., the IRS typically requires it to be both "ordinary" and "necessary".
- Ordinary: An expense that is common and accepted in your trade or business.
- Necessary: An expense that is helpful and appropriate for your trade or business.
- Agency Fees: If a business uses a recruitment agency or headhunter to find employees, the fees charged by these agencies can be deducted.
- Advertising Costs: Costs associated with advertising the job position, whether in newspapers, online job portals, or other mediums, are deductible.
- Interview Costs: This might include travel and accommodation costs for candidates if they're being interviewed from another location.
- Background Checks: Fees associated with performing background checks, credit checks, or other pre-employment screenings can be deducted.
- Relocation Expenses: If a company offers to cover relocation expenses for a new hire, these costs can often be deducted. However, there are some nuances here, especially if the amounts are significant or if they're structured as bonuses or loans.
- Cash Basis Taxpayers: If your business operates on a cash basis for accounting (you recognize expenses when paid and income when received), you would deduct the recruitment costs in the year you pay them.
- Accrual Basis Taxpayers: If you use the accrual method (recognizing expenses and income when they're incurred, regardless of when money changes hands), you'd deduct the expenses in the year the recruitment services were provided or the costs were incurred.
- It's crucial to maintain accurate records and documentation of all recruitment expenses. This includes invoices from agencies, receipts for advertising costs, travel expenses, etc. This documentation will be necessary if the tax authorities ever question or audit the deductions.
- There may be limitations or special rules depending on your jurisdiction or specific business situation. For instance, if recruitment expenses are considered capital expenditures that will benefit the company over several years, they might need to be amortized over a period rather than deducted all at once.